Monte Jostrom started the Greenwood Furnace Co. in Greenwood area of Seattle in 1921 and built a reputation for providing quality products and services. That tradition was further refined and improved upon by Pat Martin who bought the business in 1990.
Over the next 7 years, Greenwood Heating and Air Conditioning become the 46th fastest growing company in Washington. They moved to Kirkland to expand the high quality service that Seattle had been enjoying for years to the Eastside. In 1999 Ms. Martin sold Greenwood Heating to Service Experts. Service Experts is a national chain of service companies with over 200 locations and controlled by Lennox International.
In December of 2004 Greenwood changed hands again but this time going back to it's Puget Sound roots, being owned by a local Seattle resident.
Michael Porter, a life long Seattle native, has worked in the HVAC industry since 1985. He is committed to complete customer satisfaction and has a mission to be 'The Premier Heating and Air Conditioning Company' in the Puget Sound area. Working to become the Puget Sound heating contractor he knows we can reach this goal by providing the Highest Quality Air Conditioning and Heating energy efficient products from the Dave Lennox Signature Collection and standing behind our work 100%.
In 2013 Greenwood Heating took on the Home Depot stores all over the Puget Sound area serving areas from Federal Way up to Bellingham.
We are proud to be a Lennox Premier Dealer as well as a Mitsubishi Diamond Dealer.
Greenwood Heating and As You Wish Electric strive to be the most trusted and respected HVAC/Electrical contractor in the Western Washington. Respect and Trust are only earned by delivering products and services, honestly and as promised in a professional way.
We will accomplish our vision by focusing on these 10 points:
- Create and maintain a culture in the company that provides 100% customer satisfaction.
- Provide our clients with the industry’s highest standards of products and service available.
- Hire and nurture good, honest people who share our values.
- Give team members and clients a voice to help us meet our goals and to get us back on track if we fail to deliver.
- Treat all clients, vendors and team members with honesty, respect and professionalism.
- Continue to grow the business in order to create career opportunities and advancements for team members.
- Create and maintain a safe, professional work environment.
- Maintain profitability to allow for long-term stability, assure years of future service for our clients and allow us to finance the growth and new technologies needed to stay competitive.
- Never forget, we are only in business because our clients have trusted us to do the job right. WE MUST DELIVER OUR PROMISES!
In order to reach our goals and fulfill our mission statement, consistent behavior with customers and fellow team members is paramount. All Greenwood Heating and As You Wish team members are expected to be part of our 'Culture of Customer Service' by following these guidelines at a minimum.
To see the complete Customer Service Culture please click here.